Hypothetical question: If I took a picture of my knee and emailed it to my friend or doctor yet it didn't go to the right address-?

Showed it went to the right address, and went to a federal agency, who would be responsible for violating mail privacy expectations related to communications?

Written correspondence has always been afforded privacy standards, which existed previous to email, for her valid reasons. Written correspondence is formal and is not meant to be chit chat or gossip.

Favorite Answer

You like to live life on the edge, don't you?

When the mailman mistakenly delivers your mail to the neighbor, that is not a violation of 'mail privacy'. If your email provider shows it went to the 'right address', then your problem is with them or whoever you sent it to, passing it on to someone else. Now, prove that they had no right to pass it on to someone else.

HIPAA applies to HEALTH CARE PROVIDERS. Is u wun o' dem?