Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 month ago

I have a younger sister I am enemies with and generally do not speak to. Is this sinful or is sin only if I seek to hurt her?

I don't hurt her but after years of her hurting me I just dropped communication with her. I do not like her at all but don't seek revenge or anything. I sort of hate her though and I was taught growing up that hate is wrong. I pray for her but view hate as strong dislike and I have strong dislike for her. 

So is this sinful or am I fine since I am not hurting her? I am trying not to speak ill of her as I have been guilty of that which I know is sinful. 

Speak ill of her I mean gossip about how she hurts me and thus make jabs at her. Classic gossip.

Professor: You sound like my sister who is 27 and makes those whining comments. She did not develop past about age ten if that even. It was by choice though (no disability). 

Favorite Answer

We're not obligated to stay in contact with toxic people.  There's no sin in protecting yourself from them.

"But if you do not forgive others their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins" (Matthew 6:15).

• Liz

The Bible urges Christians: “Seek peace and pursue it. For the eyes of Jehovah are upon the righteous ones, and his ears are toward their supplication; but the face of Jehovah is against those doing bad things.”—1 Peter 3:10-12; Psalm 34:14, 15.

It's obviously not a sin to leave someone alone.  If you two don't get along, stay away from each other.  And for things that are sins, all sins past and future are forgiven by believing in the Lord Jesus Christ.  Death leads to immediate heaven or hell, and it is too late to be saved, after death.  To be in heaven and not hell, believe in the Lord Jesus Christ, who is God and who died on the cross and shed His blood to pay for all of our sins in full, and who was buried, and who resurrected from the dead.  The only way to avoid hell is by believing in the Lord Jesus Christ, without adding any of your own works.  See Romans 4:5, 1 Corinthians 15:3-4, and John 3:16.

It is proven that you can't hurt those you are leaving alone and don't talk to. If you always had a bad relationship, limit your exposure. Any relationship you seek with her today is not likely to be much better. Unless one of you or you both changed radically. 

You’re going to hell.