How do you factor in rest and lunch breaks into an 8 hour work day?

My new job let's me schedule my own 30 min lunch and two 15 minute breaks in an 8 hour day, but I'm unsure how my hours would look. I start at 11:30am

Thanks

I just wanted an example for how I could schedule my hours and at what time I'd end the day for 8 hours

It's back end computer work so I'm working alone

I'm not an idiot, I was just clarifying that my times were correct and you have verified that they are. I also forgot to mention that my company wants me to keep track of my rest breaks as well, so I was confused. It's not necessary to be mean...

I work this schedule and get my 8hrs in !

7am-clock in

9am-9:15am-paid break

11am-11:30am-Clock out for lunch 

1:30pm-1:45-2nd paid break

3:30pm-Clock out 

• Judy

rest breaks are paid.  Lunches aren't unless th company wants  to.  In about half th states, they are legally required.

Can you tie your own shoes?

"what time I'd end the day for 8 hours"

You said you start at 11:30 AM.  If you work 8 hours and take an unpaid 30 minute lunch, your day will end at 8 PM.  

The two short breaks are paid.

How is it that an IT person can't count forward 8.5 hours from 11:30 AM?

SMH. 

• I think your first break should be around 3 hours after you start. Then have your half hour. 2-3 hrs after your half hour, take another 15 minute break and hour or two after your half hour if you need it. 

I work 7-9 hrs. We're not supposed to have breaks until at least 3-4 hrs after starting. 

Most work places space breaks and lunch at 2 hour intervals.  For you, I would suggest your first 15 minute break be taken at 1:30 p.m..   A second 15 minute break, take at 3:45 p.m.. Your 30 minute lunch could occur at 6:00 p.m..  Your shift ends at 8:00 p.m..

• !

Depends on the job. If its service industry, you've got to work aroubd likely busy periods. If theres no customer contact, you usually pace it to be roughly even gaps between breaks