What’s the best operating system and laptop for programmers ?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Ivanex
    Lv 6
    1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

just choose the OS you are used to, it doesnt really matter (linux and mac are more light and optimized, thats all, you can do the same with windows)

about laptop i recommend any laptop with 4gb of ram, extensible to 8 gb or more (or buy a latop with 8 gb of ram), because if you want to code android apps, you will need it; also it will be quite useful to run virtual machines

(i started with a toshiba 4gb of ram, with a pentium processor, i needed to update to 8gb later because of android studio)

of couse if you can buy a better laptop, it would be awesome

• 1 month ago

Depends on what your programming focus is.  If you re programming for iphone then an apple mac device may be better, for gaming applications then maybe windows closely followed by linux depending on platform. Some thngs you can use whatever and use something thats cross platform.

To be honest a little more information as to what the requirements are would be good.

• keerok
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Any laptop will do. Get the best you can afford. OS? If you get a laptop with a fast processor and tons of RAM, you can run one host OS and another as a virtual machine. One way is to install Linux then run Windows through Wine.

• Bill-M
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

1. Windows 10

2. Dell

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.