Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetComputer Networking · 1 month ago

Why is wifi and bluetooth not working on any of the android x86 versions or its variants like remix, bliss,prime, pheonix etc.?

In all android for pc like android x86 or its variants wifi and blutooth doesn't work and only way they can connect to internet is by usb tether.

Why mislead people by giving wifi and blutooth option when it doesn't work?

Update:

@Anonymous - In these android AOSP port OS's like android x86, remix, pheonix, bliss, prime etc wifi and bluetooth doesn't work in any laptop/desktop be it hp/dell/lenovo etc.

In all these android for pc  wifi and blutooth doesn't work and only way they can connect to internet is by usb tether. So it 's clear that problem is more basic than mere specific drivers for a particular device as you claim.

Why mislead people by giving wifi and blutooth option when it doesn't work?

Update 2:

@Anonymous - your rant about mainstream linux distributions and pure os is meaningless rant as my question is about non- mainstream android versions of linux like android x86 and its variants like remix, pheonix, bliss, prime etc.

Update 3:

@Anonymous - Wether pure os makes its own hardware for its software trying to imitate apple is not my question but why the wifi adapters/cards used in hp,dell, lenovo or other laptops works with other operating system's but not with these non - mainstream android versions of linux like android x86 and its variants like remix, pheonix, bliss, prime etc. is my question . May you have clarity first and not vainly try to divert and twist the question.

1 Answer

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

It probably just doesn't have drivers for your particular device. Not all cards are supported by Linux (and hence not supported by Android.)

EDIT:

" In all these android for pc wifi and blutooth doesn't work and only way they can connect to internet is by usb tether. So it 's clear that problem is more basic than mere specific drivers for a particular device as you claim."

HP, Dell, and Lenovo are not wireless cards. They use cards with third-party chipsets, from companies like Qualcomm, Broadcom, and Atheros. If you did not confirm that the cards work with mainstream Linux distributions without proprietary drivers, then your rant is meaningless drivel. Don't accuse people of lying if you aren't willing to put forth the effort of either confirming that the card should work (because it works with the standard Linux kernel and drivers), or testing the wireless functionality with a card the project actually claims to work. It would take maybe 10 minutes to boot PureOS from a flash drive and confirm that it's a driver issue (and before you claim that PureOS is also lying, keep in mind that Purism actually sells phones, laptops, and desktops with it installed).

Edit 2: I'll say it again, as you have deliberately ignored my point: If you did not confirm that the cards work with mainstream Linux distributions without proprietary drivers, then your rant is meaningless drivel. It is a perfectly legitimate decision not to bundle proprietary drivers. I told you to test PureOS specifically because it does NOT use proprietary drivers, but DOES clearly support wireless. The fact that you have not tested it with your hardware while claiming some sort of deception on the part of android-x86 developers only demonstrates your own intellectual dishonesty.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.