Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingBaby Names · 1 month ago

What's the current worst names you've actually seen someone call their child?

My cousin named her son Baxley (wth).

I read a list of baby names and on the girls side was: Mahogani, Eun, Doodie. Like what in the world. Why would someone name them that?

Mahogany is definitely one of the ugliest names I've ever heard for a child.  A Black woman at my local Walmart was yelling at her daughter Mahogany, and I thought she was looking for Mahogany wood furniture. 

Anyone who names their child "Doodie" should be pushed off a subway platform into an oncoming train.

The name Eun sounds very foreign to me.

Baxley is a name that many Gen Z parents will be giving to their kids 10 years from now.

Some baby names are so freakish, I can't even remember them or maybe I just blocked them out of my memory!

Today's parents, while attempting to be "unique" manage "bizarre" by making up names or bastardizing the spelling of lovely names.

I have to laugh at how some names seem to be a  character in a si-fi movie. It's absurd!

We are going to have a whole generation of " The Misfit Names!"

Any modern misspelled meaningless name.   What does 'Baxley' mean? 

As for 'Mahogani', 'Eun', & 'Doodie' , Ugh!!!! Just plain horrible. 

• F

Stupid spellings just make the parents look like ignorant chavs, ( they probably are).

The worse names are those which might be fairly ordinary but they have not said it out loud with the surname.I’m sure there are a few Mike Hunts and Richard Heads out there.

The name Mahogany probably comes from the movie of the same name (starring Diana Ross). Eun is an ethnic name -- Korean, I think. My daughter had an Asian classmate with that name. Doodie is simply awful. Some people want to give their children (especially daughters) a "unique" name. Sometimes that means a weird spelling and sometimes it just means a weird name. The whole names with an X thing seems to have started with Angelina Jolie, who named her sons Maddox, Pax and Knox.

• GB

One of my sisters went to school with a girl who had two godmothers. The girl's mum asked each of them to choose a name for her daughter.  Individually, the names were fine, but the combination was awful!   I guess that after asking them to pick, the mum felt oblidged to use both names.  She added her choice as 3rd Christian name. 

The girl was called Leanne  Deanne Anne!

Many years ago I came across a woman who's daughter was named Cello. Also my brother was friends with a kid at our church named Crucifix, that poor kid didn't even want to tell anyone his name. 

I dislike most names with an "x" stuck in them.  Baxley is simply awful  I know a baby named Bryghtner pronounced as Bright-ner.  I will always dislike Nevaeh, too.

Baxley is terrible. The worst I've known are K-Lee (pronounced like Kayley), Chanella and Bayli. 

Cash. I serious hate that name.