Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingBaby Names · 1 month ago

What's the current worst names you've actually seen someone call their child?

My cousin named her son Baxley (wth).

I read a list of baby names and on the girls side was: Mahogani, Eun, Doodie. Like what in the world. Why would someone name them that?

12 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago

Mahogany is definitely one of the ugliest names I've ever heard for a child.  A Black woman at my local Walmart was yelling at her daughter Mahogany, and I thought she was looking for Mahogany wood furniture. 

Anyone who names their child "Doodie" should be pushed off a subway platform into an oncoming train.

The name Eun sounds very foreign to me.

Baxley is a name that many Gen Z parents will be giving to their kids 10 years from now.

• 1 month ago

Some baby names are so freakish, I can't even remember them or maybe I just blocked them out of my memory!

Today's parents, while attempting to be "unique" manage "bizarre" by making up names or bastardizing the spelling of lovely names.

I have to laugh at how some names seem to be a  character in a si-fi movie. It's absurd!

We are going to have a whole generation of " The Misfit Names!"

• 1 month ago

Any modern misspelled meaningless name.   What does 'Baxley' mean? 

As for 'Mahogani', 'Eun', & 'Doodie' , Ugh!!!! Just plain horrible. 

• F
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Stupid spellings just make the parents look like ignorant chavs, ( they probably are).

The worse names are those which might be fairly ordinary but they have not said it out loud with the surname.I’m sure there are a few Mike Hunts and Richard Heads out there.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

The name Mahogany probably comes from the movie of the same name (starring Diana Ross). Eun is an ethnic name -- Korean, I think. My daughter had an Asian classmate with that name. Doodie is simply awful. Some people want to give their children (especially daughters) a "unique" name. Sometimes that means a weird spelling and sometimes it just means a weird name. The whole names with an X thing seems to have started with Angelina Jolie, who named her sons Maddox, Pax and Knox.

• GB
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

One of my sisters went to school with a girl who had two godmothers. The girl's mum asked each of them to choose a name for her daughter.  Individually, the names were fine, but the combination was awful!   I guess that after asking them to pick, the mum felt oblidged to use both names.  She added her choice as 3rd Christian name. 

The girl was called Leanne  Deanne Anne!

• 1 month ago

Many years ago I came across a woman who's daughter was named Cello. Also my brother was friends with a kid at our church named Crucifix, that poor kid didn't even want to tell anyone his name. 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

I dislike most names with an "x" stuck in them.  Baxley is simply awful  I know a baby named Bryghtner pronounced as Bright-ner.  I will always dislike Nevaeh, too.

• 1 month ago

Baxley is terrible. The worst I've known are K-Lee (pronounced like Kayley), Chanella and Bayli. 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Cash. I serious hate that name. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.