Interview question tip for a part-time job?

I'm trying to apply for an in-person interview for a part-time restaurant job. I had a question I wanted to ask but not sure if it's appropriate. It would be something along the lines of, "Since this is a predominantly white populated city and I came from a city with lots of diversity, how would the company take action if there was an incidence of racism against me or any person of color, in general, that is present in the restaurant?"

I recently moved to a different state and there's definitely a whole lot more white people, and I definitely feel the stares towards me whenever I'm in public. So working within this city would be a challenging thing for me to do. Would the question I have be appropriate to ask?

I would NOT bring that up. {You will encounter insensitive people wherever you go. P S  Sometimes you may be at fault.}

• Maxi

Expect not to get the job......any potential employee asking me a question like that in interview would NEVER be hired........

• n2mama

No, your question is not appropriate. You are essentially implying that you are anticipating a racist incident to occur, which could be offensive, but also is a red flag to an interviewer. That you would ask a question like that indicates that you would be more likely to perceive racism where none may exist, and if you were to perceive an incident, you would have expectations for how it should be addressed that may not be reasonable. Feel free to ask the question, but don’t expect to get hired. And when you don’t get hired, don’t try to turn it into a “see, I told you this is a racist area because I can’t get hired by white people” when your attitude is the real problem.

Get some counseling.

Some time maybe people have an interest in you.  But "whenever" what a bunch of BS.

You are part of the problem.

I can guarantee you will not be hired if you bring that up. ANYWHERE.

In my years as a manager, I hired EVERYONE who applied, any race. But if anyone brought that up, I would not even think about hiring them. I would end the interview as soon as you said that.  I had a restaurant to run. In all my years, NOBODY brought up racism. No customer, no employee. And you want to bring it up before you are even hired?  No manager would want anything to do with you.