Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 2 months ago

My boyfriend is becoming an alcoholic ?

His dad used to be an alcoholic and he said that when his dad would drink he would get very angry and get abusive. He’s recently started drinking a lot. When he drinks he’ll tell me he doesn’t drink a lot at a time. I’ve talked to his mom and told her about it and she didn’t seemed concerned at all. I know more about his life than his mom does. He was so drunk last night I don’t know where he was but even over text you can tell. He gets very aggressive and blows up on everything you can just tell his anger is worse at times than others. I called his mom and told her he was drunk and she had called him and said he’s fine and that he wasn’t drinking at all. Which your own son won’t tell you if they are drunk or if there an alcoholic. Well I guess his mom told him that I said he was drunk and he got mad at me for telling her he’s getting drunk every night (which he is) and he said to me what the f is wrong with you. I asked him multiple times if he was drunk last night and he said I’m mental. He wouldn’t tell me where he was and he kept saying he was great and I said for him to FaceTime and let me see and he wouldn’t. I have no clue what to do because he’s in denial and keeps saying he’s fine. 

I'm not sure what your question is. If you think he's an alcoholic and you don't like how he behaves, then you have two choices: dump him or put up with him. I'd choose the first one. He doesn't sound like such a great guy, alcoholic or not. There is nothing you can do about someone else's drinking.