Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 1 month ago

Boyfriend hasn't spoken to me after I farted, is this normal?

I am 18 and in my first relationship. My bf and I have only been dating for 2 months. 

The other night he came over to stay the night and when we were about to fall asleep ... i farted. It wasn't loud or smelly but it was a fart. He looked over at me, screwed up his face and left the room. I asked where he was going but he didn't answer. I thought maybe he went to the bathroom or something and drifted off, but when i woke in the morning, he was on the couch! 

He left when he woke and text me to say he thought i was gross and for farting. I didn't mean to but he wont tae my calls. I don't understand what i should do, i have heard him fart but haven't done anything about it

• A

He needs to grow up and get over it. Everyone farts. Holding it in can get uncomfortable. After 2 months, it shouldn’t be that big of a deal. It’s not like it was your first date. He clearly doesn’t have a sense of humor about it. I could understand him getting a little turned off if you were farting all the time with no attempt to excuse yourself to the bathroom ever. But every once in a while, a fart is gonna slip out. I don’t care how old I get, farts will always be funny. And I’m a woman in my 30s. You should remind him that you didn’t act like an immature bîtch when he farts, so you’d expect the same courtesy from him. If he can’t get over it, find a man with a sense of humor. Do you really wanna stay with a guy if you have to spend your whole life making absolutely sure you don’t accidentally let one rip? Not all men are that petty and immature. 

• Barry

Lol. He doesn't fart then! Dump the @asshole.

That is pretty gross, i don't blame him.