Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthGeneral Health CareOther - General Health Care · 2 months ago

can I PAY OUT OF POCKET TO SEE THE SPECIALIST FOR WORK INJURY!!!?

Hello! I am so angry right now. There is a pain specialist who does my injections for my chronic pain and I had an office visit with him for stem cell. I was under the impression that id be seeing this pain specialist from now on. I FORGOT THAT he said workers comp only covers the stem cell consultation and injections but that WORKERS COMP DOESNT COVER ANY FOLLOW UP APPTS WITH HIM. Can i pay out of pocket to see this specialist. In his notes he wrote to see him back in 3 weeks, but when I called the office they told me he doesn't take workers comp... can i pay out of pocket??! how is it that they have been sending me to a specialist for nerve blocks and they dont even cover any follow ups with him?!???? 

WHAT DO I DO:(

im willing to pay about how much would a specialist visit cost does anyone know?! i have a treating physician but he sucks at giving care.. for many months i was in pain and he wouldn't offer any solutions 

I have a main treating physician who Ive seen for a year. I saw this specialist for nerve block injections (never saw him outside of nerve blocks). This specialist mentioned stem cell to me, my treating physician by my request referred me for a consult for stem cell which workers comp does cover. I had only seen him for 1 office visit the stem cell consult. he ordered 2 more nerve blocks and to follow up with him in 3 weeks. I got a reminder call today for my follow up with my treating physician

I called the office and told them the follow up is supposed to be with the pain specialist. The scheduler told me HE DOESNT do "follow up" that's covered by workers comp, so I HAVE TO SEE MY TREATING PHYSICIAN. I called my lawyer and she said the clinic i go to doesn't allow self pay or to bill Medicaid:/. So I'm screwed... why would they have a specialist doing my nerve blocks that i cant follow up with?! doesn't make sense:(

I WASNT EVEN REFERRED TO STEM CELL YET BECAUSE HE WANTED TO SEE IF THE BLOCKS WOULD HELP BETTER!!! :( and i can't follow up with him because workers comp doesn't cover follows up with this specialist and the clinic wont allow me to self pay to see him... I might as well give up on stem cell:(

workers comp only covered the stem cell consult but doesn't cover stem cell therapy... i have complex regional pain syndrome and my best chances at a cure is stem cell .. id be paying out of pocket but he hasn't sent the request for stem cell.. so basically i dont have a way of talking to him to see what the next plan is i have to follow up with the treating physician and get substandard care... ugh

Yeah thats why i had a stem cell consultation because i wanted stem cell he can send the authorization and get denied but he told me he would work with me on payment options. Also! Idk:( it just doesn't make sense that I've been seeing this specialist for nerve blocks but yet he doesn't accept follow up treatment for nerve blocks? i have never followed up with him nor seen him before or after my nerve blocks i only get to see him at my nerve blocks mostly

IM WILLING TO PAY FOR MY OWN TREATMENT IM SO TIRED OF WORKERS COMP, I AM WILLING TO PAY OUT OF POCKET FOR STEM CELL, BUT THE CLINIC WON'T LET ME!!! UGHHH... WORKERS COMP ONLY PAYS FOR NERVE BLOCKS, BECAUSE MY TREATING PHYSICIAN CANT DO THESE NERVE BLOCKS... BUT I HAVE BEEN RESTRAINED TO SEE ONLY MY TREATING PHYSICIAN... i might just request to see a pain management specialist

I doubt that the stem cell treatment he was going to give you is worth anything.

It's usually a scam if not done inpatient or through stem cell only centers.

In offices they use this little machine, they have no idea what they pull out and if you don't know what's pulled out, you don't know what's put back.

Your statement makes no sense.

You have been going to him for months, so it clearly covers additional/follow-up treatment.

** it sounds like you want treatment that is not covered by workers comp, not that he doesn't do "follow-up treatment".

If the treatment is related to a workplace injury, you can only receive treatment authorized by workers comp.  If you don't think you are getting adequate treatment = sue.