What is it like being written up at work?

• H

It sucks when I got written up over things I didn't do. I was written up for apparently cursing a manager out but I never cursed her out. She just happens to hear it and assumed it was me but never bother to check her facts. No verification. I took it to the general manager and she defended her even though I never cursed her out.

This is one of those reasons why I wouldn't promote anyone under the age of 25 as manager. Some of them still act like they are in high school. They focus more on emotions over facts. 

These people usually end up being fired or quit shortly thereafter (and maybe that's what the company wants because they're sick and tired of dealing with the person's bullcrap).

Source(s): "Boredom and a joke. Yea, sure, threaten to fire me, I don't care. I do 3x the work of most of the morons that work here." Typical attitude of someone who gets written up / fired from the job. It's one of animosity and resentment. Thinks their sh*t smells like roses when it's actually stinking up the whole damn place!
  • Depends on how you take it and what you were written up for. I was kind of upset but I got over it and didn't do it again. It could be a learning experience, or some thing kind of embarrassing that hopefully you won't do again.

Boredom and a joke.  Yea, sure, threaten to fire me, I don't care.   I do 3x the work of most of the morons that work here.

It depends on your attitude. Can be a learning experience. Now you know what not to do.

Do you remember the Shame scene from Game of Thrones?

It is quite similar.