CBD Oil/Tincture through nasal mucosa?

Okay, I know that started off weird but just hang in here with me. My mother has severe anxiety and I recommended that she try CBD to compliment her prescription meds as it has done wonders for me (I also have severe anxiety). I personally smoke legal hemp flower that is grown for high CBD content as well as other cannabinoids, terpenes, etc. Ironically she doesn't want to use that method because she doesn't like the smell, even though she is a cigarette smoker. The issue we run into with oils, edibles etc is that she also has multiple digestive conditions including celiac disease. These disorders severely limit what she can consume/ use sublingually (i.e Tinctures, edibles, capsules, etc). I am aware that there are companies that make CBD nasal sprays (strangely enough) as well as topical items, however research seems to suggest that these aren't as effective against psychological disorders. This brings us to that weird question. I'm aware that some substances can be absorbed through the mucus membranes inside of the nostrils and nasal cavities. Does anyone know if I buy her a tincture/oil, if it could be applied to a cotton swab or similar object and swabbed inside the nostril, if it would have the same or similar effects to letting it absorb sublingually? I have found some where the carrier liquid is alcohol which I believe would allow it to absorb as well. If anyone knows or has tried this I would appreciate the info. I'm also aware that it will have a smell too.

Favorite Answer

If a preparation is NOT specifically for mucosal application, then NO you cant use it that way. It will erode the mucosa or damage the tissue or absorb actual oil into the blood stream