can i get suspended for self defence?

A few months ago I was suspended after pushing a girl away after she slammed my head into the desk, punched me in the face and stepped on my chest. I pushed her away just before she threw me to the ground. I felt I was in danger and reacted to defend myself and I got suspended for two weeks. She was allowed to return to school the next day. Any advice? 

• Foofa

Ask your parents to send you to private school where this kind of thing isn't allowed. 

Absolutely you can be. Schools usually have no tolerance for fighting and usually suspend everyone involved. I don't think it really matters though. Being suspended is no big deal. It just means you don't have to come to school for a few days. 

Yes, you can be (and apparently were) suspended for that.  However, you may also file a criminal complaint with the police and also sue the school and the girl for various things.  Start by having your parents (if you're a minor) send the school and the girl a letter demanding retraction of the punishment and offering to consider a settlement with the criminal who attacked you.

Yes, you can, as you found out.

LOL. If she beat you that bad, you were not able to even try pushing her off.

I don't know what did or did not happen, but what you claim is ABSURD.

Sue her for pain and suffering.

Only if you dont fight it.  and by fight it i mean threaten to sue to the school for defamation.. in order to get people to listen to you sometimes you have to make them listen to you. especially if you are young and know you are in the right and they are in the wrong...

its like murder.  if you kill a guy you will be arrested and charged with murder..then a few weeks later some guy on the street comes forward with video of you being attacked first..you would be immediately freed

Yes.  Some schools have a zero tolerance policy such that even if you were defending yourself you will get punished too.  I know that doesn't seem fair, but school rules are not required to be fair.  Sorry.

• P

The school will do whatever they wish.  They are not a court of law.  They obviously felt you were more of the issue if they suspended you for two weeks.  This was probably a combination of your history and if they felt you might have provoked the attack.  Otherwise without talking to the principle it's impossible to understand their rationale.   If you feel you are unfairly treated you can ask the police to press charges and\or hire a lawyer, but if witnesses are unable to corroborate your story you could end up in even more trouble.

My advice is to make up better stories if you're going to spend the day in Trollville.