Anonymous

Is it normal that I’m more proud of the University I’ve attended for graduate school, than undergrad? Is it okay to claim this grad school ?

as the college that I went to and am most proud of? When I was in high school, Mercer University was my dream school. It’s the oldest private university in my state of Georgia. I digress, but I got distracted by a girlfriend etc and went to a college for 4 years that basically I wasn’t in love with. A chance came up to attend Mercer for graduate study and I jumped on it. I’m so proud to be at this school so much of my family has attended for decades. But it seems like anytime someone asks where someone went to college, they only mention their undergrad institution.. is it normal I’m quickest to claim my grad school? 

Yes, it's normal.  It's a lot harder to get into grad school than into college.

And when you have a grad degree there's usually not much interest in your undergrad school unless it's outstanding or you graduated Phi Beta Kappa from it.

The only people that care about where you did any education are either really dumb, or are yuppie academic snobs. In either case, their opinions are so far removed from reality that they dont matter. What does matter, is the work you did while at an institution. You will quickly see that undergraduate accomplishments are frivolous regardless of what school you went to, and especially compared to graduate school. You will quickly align your identity closer to your graduate work than anything, because graduate school is a real challenge and the work you put into it is something to be proud of. Again, the institution doesnt matter as much as what you did with your time, and what you can do when your done.

Actually, once you go to graduate school, no one much cares where you did your undergrad work. Unless the conversation is about football. 

That's totally normal If you graduate from that graduate school, especially if the department whose degree programs are one of the top 5bin the USA. The only reason I may mention my undergraduate university, Tulane (2 bachelors degrees), is because it is private, but it's ranking at 25qst certainly isn't spectacular. The School of Geology & Geophysics of the University  of Oklahoma is one of the best. I also have B.S. in geography from OU, but a different college that no longer exists.  

If I had earned a Ph.D. from a different university, I probably would mention that first, unless I was employed at a another university. 

Of course. I went to two universities, but I only mention Oxford where I did a graduate diploma.