Does this rescue puppy have an unappealing color? Is that why nobody’s adopting her?

😔

@Verulam: A very mixed dog, none of her grandparents would be of identifiable breeds.

@Audrey: Yes, this was right after she was taken off the streets, unused to humans.

@myfavoritelucy: Strange. I’ve only been posting her picture on Instagram adoption pages since 10 days and this is the first time in yahoo. You must be deluded.

Favorite Answer

The muddy dull coat & vaguely brindle pattern may be a factor.... but PERSONALITY is likely more so.  In the picture, the puppy looks **GLUED** to the person's leg and looks SCARED TO DEATH - which is not appealing.  She needs to be sitting up, with a friendly or playful/perky look.   With work and in time, I am sure you will be able to capture such a pic.  If possible, ADD a bright green bow or bandana to her neck.

That is a good dog, and the brindle color is somewhat popular.  What is missing is the confidence/security of having an owner, a job, responsibility, security and a place, i.e., a home.

• Mrs H

I don't think so. Try a different picture. Her side looks like it's missing fur and people don't get that it's just the angle 

• DK52

If one turned their nose up at a dog because of the color of its fur or markings, I wouldn't allow them ANY pet. Personality and temperament is what is important as for any companion, human or otherwise.

Yes.  Maybe.  I test the temperament first, looks do not matter if the dog has the temperament I am looking for.  I wouldn't want a submissive temperament so I look for a strong dominate temperament.  Color does not matter to me.

If she's unused to humans and acts shy, timid or unfriendly, that's why no one is adopting her

Well, judging by the amount of times I've seen that exact pic, I assume this dog was adopted 10 years ago. 

It's said that black coloured dogs are often ignored when in a Shelter, but that puppy should find a new home pretty quickly.    It could be that she has Pit Bull in her background (or is one?) that's putting people off?

Considering that when I went after my Whippet, I WANTED a blue brindle the colour of that puppy alone wouldn't put ME off.

• Audrey

No. She's very pretty. She looks sad, though. 

Not at all...........poor pupper.........he just wants someone to love him.