Does this rescue puppy have an unappealing color? Is that why nobody’s adopting her?

😔

Update:

@Verulam: A very mixed dog, none of her grandparents would be of identifiable breeds.

Update 2:

@Audrey: Yes, this was right after she was taken off the streets, unused to humans.

Update 3:

@myfavoritelucy: Strange. I’ve only been posting her picture on Instagram adoption pages since 10 days and this is the first time in yahoo. You must be deluded.

Attachment image

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

The muddy dull coat & vaguely brindle pattern may be a factor.... but PERSONALITY is likely more so.  In the picture, the puppy looks **GLUED** to the person's leg and looks SCARED TO DEATH - which is not appealing.  She needs to be sitting up, with a friendly or playful/perky look.   With work and in time, I am sure you will be able to capture such a pic.  If possible, ADD a bright green bow or bandana to her neck.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

That is a good dog, and the brindle color is somewhat popular.  What is missing is the confidence/security of having an owner, a job, responsibility, security and a place, i.e., a home.

• Mrs H
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

I don't think so. Try a different picture. Her side looks like it's missing fur and people don't get that it's just the angle 

• DK52
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

If one turned their nose up at a dog because of the color of its fur or markings, I wouldn't allow them ANY pet. Personality and temperament is what is important as for any companion, human or otherwise.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Yes.  Maybe.  I test the temperament first, looks do not matter if the dog has the temperament I am looking for.  I wouldn't want a submissive temperament so I look for a strong dominate temperament.  Color does not matter to me.

• 1 month ago

If she's unused to humans and acts shy, timid or unfriendly, that's why no one is adopting her

• 1 month ago

Well, judging by the amount of times I've seen that exact pic, I assume this dog was adopted 10 years ago. 

• 1 month ago

It's said that black coloured dogs are often ignored when in a Shelter, but that puppy should find a new home pretty quickly.    It could be that she has Pit Bull in her background (or is one?) that's putting people off?

Considering that when I went after my Whippet, I WANTED a blue brindle the colour of that puppy alone wouldn't put ME off.

• Audrey
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

No. She's very pretty. She looks sad, though. 

• 1 month ago

Not at all...........poor pupper.........he just wants someone to love him. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.