Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

I wonder how many people with Asperger's Syndrome were misdiagnosed for other ailments, e.g. for me it was ADD, it's like ADHD but without H?

I'm from Poland

I wonder how many people with Asperger's Syndrome were misdiagnosed for other ailments, e.g. for me it was ADD, it's like ADHD but without H :-)  that stand for Hyperactivity :-) 

I was finnaly officially  diagnosed with atipcal personality disorder, HFA (highly functional autism) - type Asperger Syndrome now it's no more Asperger Syndrome now it's counting as Autism Spectrum Disorders (F84.5 ) 

My math teacher suggestted my mum that I have Asperger's because I had talent to think outside the box I she said sadly , but sadly such way of things was not something it l's praised in Polish or European schools in generals :-) 

So my math teacher suggests back than in early 00's that I should be sent to free programming course in TurboPascal programming language l, but not much remember of TurboPascal now :-) 

• Deane

I was diagnosed in the 70's with ADD, but I was recently diagnosed with Asperger's Syndrome. It was not identified until the 90's I believe. So, many people may indeed have been misdiagnosed.

Asperger's Syndrome = just a cranky, pouty person.