DeeDee asked in Beauty & StyleHair · 1 month ago

question for the women ?

did anyone grow up with there mother washing their hair in the kitchen sink and if so do you still do so know 

I never did that...

A couple of times, but usually in the bathroom basin. And no, I don't do it now.

But why is your question only for men? I'm sure a lot of boys had their hair washed by their mothers too.

Yes my mum washed my hair at the kitchen sink with a rubber shower hose connected to the kitchen tap as she thought washing your hair in the bath was disgusting

Also not a lot of hoses in England had showers in the 70s

Would note my mum's mobile hair dresser when giving my mom her weekly shampoo and roller set. Will wash her hair at the kitchen sink as my mum prefers baths to showers

Yes my mum and aunties did that in the 60s 70s and even the 80s as they used to roller set each others hair especially on a Saturday morning if they were going out somewhere special at night 

My mum would also wash her hair via a hose from taps in the sink  in the evenings during the week before setting her hair to sleep in rollers It was also a twice weekly for her to wash and then roller set my hair on a Sunday evening for school and then on a  Thursday evening for the weekend,Would note most houses in the UK only had baths and my mum used to use a rubber spray hose with connections to the taps in the kitchen sink as she thought it was disgusting to wash hair in  dirty bathwater.

I did, we were not in a great financial situation back then, but I never do anymore.

No, never did that. I washed my hair in the shower. If my hair is dirty enough to wash, so is my body. 

Yes, I did, my Nan too. I don't do it now though.

My mother used to wash her own hair in the utility sink in the laundry room every morning.  I have no idea why because she also used to have a shower every day!  My hair, as far as I had any, wasn't washed in the kitchen sink by my mother since I outgrew being bathed in the kitchen sink (most babies were when I was little).  I only washed my own hair in the kitchen sink while I was remodelling the bathroom since I don't have a utility room.  It got the job done but the shower is easier.

No never that is gross and unsanitary, yes I know you can sanitize after but ewwww.