What do temperature do you keep your house at during Winter and Summer?

I keep mine at 60-62 during the Winter and 65-68 during the Summer.

• L
    6 days ago

Winter...............68-70.  Summer............it all depends on the temperature.  I do not turn my A.C. on until it gets to 90 degrees.

Brrr.  I like my home warm.

In the winter, my Thermostat is usually set for 73.  In the summer, 80 is just fine for me.

I set the thermostat at 65 during heating season, and I don't use AC, so temps vary.

Extremely well insulated new house w/98% efficient gas furnace with Central Air:

WINTER day time ------------- 68* - 70*F depending on perceived comfort level.

WINTER night time ----------- 65*-66*F depending on who sets the thermostat

SUMMER (24 hour) ---------- 70*F

We have an automatic thermostat but we have it set to MANUAL because we occasionally open the doors to change the air in the house.

NOTE - it can reach MINUS 35*F (and colder) here in the Winter. We are so well insulated that the furnace might only come on once every hour or so even in a high wind condition.

It can reach 95*F in the Summer and the A/C might engage every 1-1/2 hours.

When I was having this house constructed I made some structural changed which saved me Approx. $8,000.00. All that money and more when into upgrading the insulation and the furnace.

At the rate we are saving on our heating bills I expect to recover that amount in 9-10 years.

take your chat elsewhere.  not welcome here

🥴😊

We dont. No AC.

However, we use quick fix remedies to keep the house below 72 f.