Florine asked in Arts & HumanitiesPhilosophy · 2 months ago

To what extent should we let others influence our decisions?

I'd say that it's important to be surrounded by people who may have a different opinion. Perhaps it is even valuable to have them talk you into something, so you can decide how to react and discover what you truly believe in. No, you don't have to go along with something if you don't want to, but it can help you make the big decision. 

Maybe you're so sure certain about something that you don't need any guidance from others, but I don't think it can hurt. What's important is asking questions and having conversations. 

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Mike W
    Lv 7
    2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Accept or reject advice as you see fit.  Just remember that your decisions, are your responsibility.  

• Git
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

You have already answered your own question.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Remain open minded but make your own final choices zxjqkb

. . . . . . . . . .

🔳🔳🔳🔳🔳🔳🔳🔳🔳🔳

• Carmen
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

That depends as the saying goes if you walk with the wise you become wise if you walk with stupid ones you fair badly. Bad association spoils useful habits or corrupt moral standards. 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

I'm a big believer in letting people have their say  -  after all, we supposedly live in a country of free speech.   However, and it's a BIG however, I do not like being told what to think, even by those in so-called authority including the leaders of our country.

Here's one example: the Government chooses our "enemies", sending the military to fight their battles, but if I don't have a personal grudge against those people, then they aren't my enemies, so I couldn't and wouldn't seek to kill them.

So yes, listen but think for yourself, using reason and commonsense.

• 2 months ago

If they are left wing professors "watch Out "

• Koo
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

Critical thinking is always the key in making your own decisions which you alone are responsible for.

• J H
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

If you respect, trust the person, ASK, sure.

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

to no extent, you should make your own decisions

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.