Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 1 month ago

I really want to have a child and raise them but my wife hates children and would never want to have a child. What should I do?

• Foofa

You're going to have to decide between staying married to this wife and becoming a parent. Because it's not like you can force someone to have a child they don't want. This is why parenthood or lack thereof is something you're supposed to explore fully in the years you spend dating someone before marrying them. 

• KTJoe

Certain marriages last only 3years after awhile its like two cats in a bag, a couple of strangers. Nowadays the world is full of women who love and love children. Go on a dinner date. 

Find a new wife... one that shares your interests.. but its not a crime for your wife to not want one.  It is her body and her life as well.

Your wife has good taste...

TROLL ALERT!

On the (very unlikely) chance this is a serious question, you have a few options:

1. Get divorced and find someone who shares your outlook on marriage and kids.

2. Poke holes in your condoms (if that is your choice of birth control) and 'hope' for an accident.

3. Take her captive, get her pregnant, wait until she gives birth, then disappear into the wind.

Yes, these are absurd answers - just as absurd as you marrying someone whose desire for raising children is opposite of yours. You had to know this before you said "I do". Live with your decisions, or change the situation. Only you know the right path - not a bunch of strangers...

and why did you marry her? 

but I say this is not real 

You should have had a discussion about this before you got married..... you seem surprised she doesn't want kids.  Really?  Did you two even KNOW each other before you got married?  It doesn't sound like it.

Your fault for not discussing these major life changing decisions on the first or second date. That way you don't waste time or feelings on people who do not have the same priorities in life that you do.

Ex; I am completely, 100% against having children and I refuse to date someone who wants them. I'd tell the person immediately so that way if they want to stay, fine. But if they want to meet someone who wants children, they can leave.

This is idiotic.  You forgot to discuss kids before getting married?  Divorce is the answer.  This is one issue where compromise isn't possible.  Next time, get to know your spouse a little bit before tying the knot.

not have a child, sorry