how would you respond to someone who brags about how much they spend?

I have a family member who does this...How would you gracefully respond to someone who overshares about what they spend on things in a low key boastful way, when no one asked them?

Ignoring them is always your best line of defense zxjqkcv

. . . . . . . . . .

🔳🔳🔳🔳🔳🔳🔳🔳🔳🔳

Dont know.. but I have the same problem.  Will be watching the answers you get .  Good luck to us both.

by not lending my credit card

• P.L.

Quite simply - I would not respond to it at all.  If it's a text, don't reply. If it's said face to face try saying "really?" to the bragging and either walk away or change the subject.

• Raja

He is a big boaster .The best way to respond is just to ignore him .

Ignore them. Either leave if you're alone with them or strike p a conversation with someone else. 

• Foofa

I might say something like "I hope you're still able to save up for the looming economic disaster we're all facing".

• Carmen

Give them your clothes shoe size and see if they will spend something on you and this will show you what kind of pets they are and what kind of heart condition they have. And try not to let it bother you some people who fortune enough to spend as she does like to talk about it keep a calm heart and your peace of mind. 

There is nothing worse than the "humble brag." I have a friend who discloses the cost of every pair of Balenciaga sneakers, Dior shirts, stock money he lost, Gucci boutique dollar amount he spent on his 13 year old daughter, etc. When I met him, he was not at this level years ago. I think he puts his self worth in material items and wants me to seeee how much he has progressed in life. Thing is, he does not own his own home and I feel buying your daughter a $2,000 Gucci hoodie, your girlfriend $1200 Chanel slides, when you rent your home, have no investment property, and have your money tied in risky stocks, is foolish and spending too much money to impress others. Yet, to him, he has made it and clearly wants me to look at him highly. I've said things to him like "I like my labels to be low key and understated, not emblazoned for all to see." My friend actually pays me well to do a gigs for him regularly, so I havent been able to give my full opinion, lest ye might mess up ones under the table over pay, he pays like he spends, excessive. If it werent for this I would lay in more to get him to stop telling me things. I think in my friend's scenario, he wants me to see very badly that he has matured and is doing way better financially than when I first met him. Funny thing is, I could already tell by his G-Wagon Mercedes and all the darn high end labels he wears. 

Since, you arent being paid by this person, feel free to calmly say, why is it that you share how much you spend on things with me? *pause until they explain* They will say something like, oh, I was just telling you because it was a lot and I hate to spend that much(all lies). Then you say, "it's just really uncomfortable to hear that as I was always raised that discussing your finances is impolite in proper society, especially disclosing amounts spent." *then pause until they say something* 

I would just be really off put as I feel people that do that are trying to one-up you and be better than and impress you. This makes me uncomfortable as Im not competing with friends and the amount of money my friend's have does not play into their value to me. 

Depends what they bought.. If they bought a house, 'congratulations.' If they bought a new vacuum, 'Oh cool.'