Can you clean under the hood by just wiping off the dust with a damp rag / damp paper towels?

13 Answers

Relevance
  • Barry
    Lv 6
    1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

WD40 would do a much better job as most of the grime will be oily. Wear rubber gloves and use a cloth after spraying. WD40 will protect the ignition wiring too.

• 1 month ago

This gentler methodology won't just assist you with getting your floor covering clean—it will likewise ... All things considered, utilize a moist kitchen towel to clear off those plates or mugs. ... "We could never suggest utilizing paper towels on fragile glass surfaces ... Nonetheless, in the event that you need to get the residue totally,

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

I guess so. But, I just go to a do-it-yourself car wash & use the wand. Saves time & energy.

• hart
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

with water on a warm engine 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

I guess so. But, I just go to a do-it-yourself car wash & use the wand. Saves time & energy.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Yes you can. But I have yet to see a car that is just dust.  Most are oily and black and dead cat pieces(the meow type).  I use the WAND  at the car wash AND PUT IT ON HOT SOAP AND WATER AND BLAST AWAY.  No rinse is necessary as the soap is minimal at the best car washes. I wash the air cleaner and the distributor and the sides of the engine and the oil pan underneath...and blast the radiator too.  Just like driving through a rain storm.  I can do this while wearing good Sunday clothes.

• 1 month ago

You'd do just as well with a compressed air hose and nozzle. Oil and grease makes dirt stick too firmly for just a damp rag to clear off. Try your luck. It's better to use the products intended for that area's cleaning.

• 1 month ago

You can,  it wont be the best clean but it will be better than nothing.

• Jay P
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

If it's only dust/dirt on there, yes.  But if it's oily residue, no...

• 1 month ago

That depends largely on what you are trying to clean off.

• 1 month ago

It will be cleaner, but you probably will not get into all the nooks and crannies.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.