Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingParenting · 1 month ago

would my parents be less angry if I tell them what I did right now rather than wait for them to find out and tell them then?

• L

The longer you wait - the more angry they will be.

they woulf be less angry if you are honest

Yes.  They even have a word for it.  It is called integrity.

• edward

Will they find out?  For me personally my parents don’t check credit card bills.  They just go to the bank and pay them.  So it’d be years before they might find out what it is if i bought something with any of the cards.  If i had failed a test at school or something i would first cry and then go to the council building and hang out there till about 7 at night before i went home.  And i have failed every single physics test i ever took because i just can’t hack it

• ron h

In this particular case, at your age 39, I'd just tell them that he's from Lebanon (wherever) and you like him a lot Somehow let them know that he's Christian.  One CRITICAL THING:  If this is a long distance relationship where you send him money but have never met him in person, STOP DOING THAT RIGHT NOW!!!!!

• Dimple

Yes.   I plan on telling my parents I'm dating an Arab.   They're going to be pissed off.. but it's my choice.   He's not muslim.. he's a christian... So they will deal with it.   However, i'm 39 years old  AND a widow... and I'm looking for the correct opportunity to let them know.  I have to let them know...

For you.. dont' look for the right time.. you're young.. You should let them know now and get it over with.  

Look.. if you did something wrong.. just tell them... they'll get a little angry with you.. but they will appreciate the fact that you at least TOLD THEM... instead of hiding it. 

That is hard to judge without knowing what you did and the typical demeanor of your parents.

However, coming cleaner sooner does mean you get past it quicker. If you know they're gonna react it's better to not prolong the inevitable.

Just don't tell anything . Just live life **** this **** seriously .  Be attached him and be smart that's it . Don't worry anything else nonsense . Just accept him as ur family and give well wishes others. Real show off is being smart and getting ur childhood dream 

Maybe, or they could be equally angry if you waited.  It's best to tell them now and get it over with.