Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 2 months ago

How sincere is this apology please be honest?

"My grandma's death made me behave in a way I deeply regret. I'm sorry I repeatedly overstepped your boundaries, this was wrong and disrespectful. And I'm sorry I bugged about meeting, I was just really excited to see you again and forgot myself. I hope you can understand none of this was deliberate, but once again I'm sorry for upsetting you, that was never my intention." 

After this is sent I'm gonna give the person a bit more space for a few months but please be honest does it seem sincere and is it good enough? 

Can people who didn't like it think up a better thing to say please 

Btw this was texting 

• ?

" I regret my actions and I apologise for making you feel uncomfortable. I allowed my personal life to cloud my judgment, which will not happen again.  I wish to maintain an open line of communication and professionalism in the future. thank you for your understanding."

Can't really tell based off this letter w/o context zjqkm

. . . . . . . . . .

🔳🔳🔳🔳🔳🔳🔳🔳🔳🔳

• Foofa

An apology minus the context of exactly what you're apologizing for can't be gauged for its appropriateness. If all you did was double or triple text this person and you weren't mean or threatening that apology might suffice. But you're not telling us here what you did that's upset them so much. We also don't know if this is a close friend or someone you barely know. Whom you're apologizing to and what you're apologizing for matter but you've chosen to not give us that information. 

It seems sincere, i don't see anything wrong with it. Maybe you can visit the person and apologize.

Sorry, this sounds desperate on your part.  Don't send the text at all.  Leave this person alone.  If they want to continue with the "friendship," they will call.  It's time to move on.

You should not blame your grandmother.  Just admit to being severely mentally retarded and they will give you a pass.

• denise

It sounds very sincere to me.

it sounds okay to me

It seems sincere but also incredibly immature.    Of course your behavior was deliberate.   Sorry, but your dead grandmother is not responsible for you being disrespectful and rude.

"is it good enough"   Good enough for what?    The purpose of an apology is to admit you did something wrong and express regret.   If you're trying to ask if it's good enough for someone to forgive you or be your friend again, you've missed the entire point of an apology.   It's not supposed to be a self-serving thing.

I suggest you learn that you are responsible for your own decisions 365/24/7 and that there are consequences to how you behave EVEN IF your grandmother died.

No one is obligated to make you feel better about yourself or to be your friend no matter how "good" your apology is.  

Grow up.

However they felt honestly is in the past. You had it so much worse and I would hope if this person actually had a heart, they would forget about how you made them feel and acknowledge your own feelings. They should apologise and support you as they were not there for you when you needed them most. You shouldn't have to apologise for your behaviour you had perfectly good reason for it. Were you nasty to this person? If not i see no reason why they won't eventually come round. You can't hold a grudge forever. It does seem very sincere btw. I'm sorry for your loss. I hope that this person will soften towards you in time.