Ryan asked in HealthDental · 1 month ago

is my tooth dying? please help?

i went to brush my teeth today, and saw this (photo included) i’m a teenager, may not be as strict with brushing my teeth as i should be, but i’m freaking out about what’s going on and if i’m gonna loose my teeth. 

you need to have a dental hygienist remove the tartar. the tartar had been stained by coffee or tea or smoke from cigarette.

If you are talking about the discolorations, it could be from taking antibiotics.

You need to brush your teeth in all directions and not just up and down and do so with a small amount of baking soda on the brush and it will help.   As for the crooked tooth see a dentist to see if there is enough room in your jaw to accommodate it.  If you are young pulling it might be a good idea so the other teeth do not crowd things out when you get your wisdom teeth at age eighteen and it might straighten out some on its own.  Please floss and brush every day because your teeth look like they are worth saving.  

your teeth are coming in wrong. that one tooth is way off center

• Tavy

You need a Dental clean by a hygienist. A dying tooth goes black.

Which one do  you think is dying?  I've had friends who injured teeth that died . . . . they became discolored - even black.  I don't see that in any of your teeth.......but they are overcrowded and you should wear aligners . . . . you might have to have 1 or 2 removed to create room.  Ask your regular dentist to recommend an orthodontist.

• Carrie

Could be staining. When is the last time you had your teeth cleaned. Should be every 6 months. If it has been more than that, it could be staining, or a cavity forming. Have you been hit in that tooth? That would be the only reason I could see it "dying" if the root has been damaged by trauma. Make an apt with  your dentist and they will know for sure what is going on.