Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 1 month ago

Are there women out there that don't...?

...hold the threat of divorce or cheating over their husband's head to control them?

But instead actually genuinely care for the man and want to keep him happy while trusting him to do the same in return. Or is it really give the woman what she wants or she's gonna ruin you?

• ?

The vast majority of women aren't like the one you apparently chose to marry. The problem here is usually that people either marry too young before the woman's personality is fully developed... Or they marry based on looks and sexual chemistry and don't really interrogate their intended partner fully to know what she's about... Or they themselves are immature and the demands they put on their partners are simply unreasonable. 

But anyone who threatens to cheat on a partner is a head case anyway and in those situations where a man has married a psycho her threatening divorce should probably come as a relief. 

The person I married is of the type you describe; uses threats and psychological abuse to get what she thinks she wants. Here's how her 'loving' side showed itself: I'm in the ICU, about to have emergency surgery (to save my life) and she decides she has to go home to feed the dogs. Doesn't return until two days later.

On the day I was discharged, felt I had 'wasted her day' waiting (the hospital is less than 10 minutes from her office) for me. Even though my discharge instructions were to go straight home, she felt she could run some errands while I waited in the car.

But she has threatened to 'take the kids and I'd never see them again'. She's become very good at being the 'covert narcissist' and playing the victim. Works very hard to push any friends I make out of the picture to isolate me. But, due to the nature of her job, she has the best divorce lawyers on speed dial and has access to unlimited accusations from other divorces (she transcribes custody evaluation records, and has heard everything).

So - my view is very tainted. I really wish I had a spouse who loved me like some of the stories shared below...

• Hayley

There are women out there like that. People really should have high standard when choosing a partner. 

• kristy

There’s a few I’d guess

Not in my experience.

• ?

yes we exist and I do believe there are far more of us than what you have described

• edward

You have a skewed image of marriage

Yes there are, and a lot of them too.  They all have one thing in common.  They aren't married to cheating husbands.  When you betray the trust within a relationship it is hugely difficult to regain it.  Good Luck.

The women you describe do not love their husbands. A good relationship is a give and take. One often thinks they give more than the other. The idea is that you want to continually think of the other's happiness. If they are happy, they usually try to make you happy.

Remember that we are all egoists, so it takes effort to make a relationship work. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dW5E0JdQZV4

Youtube thumbnail

Just to entertain that thought shows a problem.