Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureOther - Society & Culture · 1 month ago

Was it child cruelty to say" Eat what I made for dinner or dont eat at all" like parents did back in the day?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Foofa
    Lv 7
    1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

One wonders how you expect parents, whom even in the prepandemic world had to struggle to put food on the table owing to either financial or time constraints, to cater to the different whims of everyone in the family. Besides, a child's palate leans toward food that's not very healthy. If your parents actually let you have pizza rolls and candy for every meal then they'd be nearly criminal for allowing that. So eat your broccoli and stop complaining. Later in life when you can tolerate vegetables you'll glad they forced you as a child to eat them. 

• RICK
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Good parents still say that

• 1 month ago

Perhaps. But, is it also child neglect to not establish boundaries and let 'em raise themselves instead?

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Back in the olden days it was,

"Children in China don't have anything to eat!",  then it was, "Children in Africa don't have anything to eat!.",

I also remember

"Children in Appalachia don't have anything to eat." and

"People in Kansas eat dirt".

To which we replied,  "Let's be Christian and share, sent it to them."

Followed by, "Eat or go to bed without!"

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Kelley
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

Legally, you must provide food for your child.

• Audrey
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

No. It worked for some kids, I ate stuff that gagged me cause I was hungry, but to this day I don't eat fruit or vegetables.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.