Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMental Health · 2 months ago

elvis  presley was taking 33 sleeping tablets a night. How could his body take all these drugs?

His step brother David Stanley was working for him and would supply elvis with the drugs he wanted at night.

• Ann

Why do you think he died?  It wasn't from eating peanut butter and banana sandwiches.

Oh dear.  oh yes. hum.  Now, once upon a time I shared a house with a lad who was the grandson of one of the original owners, as was I.  The old folks had been living in the upper floors, and one day the pair of us investigated what the dear departed had left behind...

What we found was the old girl hadn't been taking her dementia pills and there was a complete drawer full of reds, yellows, and the black and orange capsules containing Tuinal.  In other words, Seconal, Nembutal and the merry mix in the one I just mentioned.   It also happened that I or somebody (cannot remember who) owned some hypodermic needles, syringes etc. and had a hobby not un-akin to acupuncture.   PEOPLE WHO ARE DOWNER ADDICTS are avoided like the plague even by Junkies.  They are too out of it to keep their equipment clean.  They OD.  Lots.  In answer to your question?  YOUR TOLERANCE INCREASES FAST. This is one of the few times you should take advice from Nancy Reagan.  Also, withdrawal itself can kill you.

• hart

the dictators want to kill him

Elvis has overtaken the control 

They stopped working and he eventually overdosed and died.

Personally, I have not seen the Presley autopsy and so I have no idea what he took or how often he took them.

I find it fascinating that someone as wealthy and who is surrounded by people who will readily do their bidding, like Elvis and Michael Jackson and Donald Trump, have no one to tell them when they are dangerously near the edge...no one to give them a solid dose of reality.

But would they listen to someone who has setting them straight?

You are aware he DIED--most likely of overdosing on such things?  Yes, he had a heart attack, most likely brought on by taking prescription barbiturates. So your question is how could his body take all these drugs?  It DIDN'T. 

wAll that peanut butter absorbed them 

• Carrie

It couldn't which is why he is dead.

• Kerri

He built up a tolerance over many years. Increasing amount over time conditions the body into handling it but it still killed him in the end when his body just couldn’t handle anymore and his heart stopped.

It couldn't. He died.