Anonymous

Will my doctor talk to the nurse or let it go?? She forced me to leave even though I told her I wasn’t ready?

A nurse went against my doctors orders to keep me longer in the recovery room after I wasn’t back to a sound state after undergoing anesthesia. I was still heavily sedated. I plan to tell my doctor that this nurse literally forced me out even though I told her I needed more time. Since I was still sedated I couldn’t speak a lot nor tell her that the doctor had told the previous nurse that I needed to be kept longer. The previous nurse went to lunch after this nurse came to tell her to go to lunch the other nurse didn’t tell her what my doctor had said I’m assuming because she knew I was in a bad state to go home and anyone else would have known just by looking at me. Also this nurse lied to my boyfriend who was my read and told him that I had did I was ready to go home! Will the doctor Talk with the nurse or just be more vigilant next time I come in ? I don’t want to report it to the office manager because I will need to come back and it will be awkward if she gets aaaigned to me in the future I also don’t want to be talked about as the patient who made a complaint to everyone there

• Tavy

Did you come to any harm going home early?

If not then no harm done.

• Kerri

The doctor won’t talk to the nurse if you don’t bring it up unless he’s in the habit of going back over every detail of every patient’s chart. Like most doctors, he will likely assume all went well unless he is made aware of the issue. You can bring it up privately with him only at your next appointment just to make him aware that you might have been released too early due to a shift change miscommunication and that you’re just making him aware for future procedures and not seeming to jump to judgment of his nurses action that day. No doctor would want a careless nurse in his employ so unless he’s completely ignorant, he will appreciate the heads up and not label you a complainer.