Is my Grandmother considered as a legal guardian of me & my mum?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

A woman can function as a legal guardian of her own off spring and that person's offspring as long as all adults conselt to that arrangement. A woman in that situation is not legally obligated to be the legal guardian of one of her adult children with children. That is true in the US and presumably also true in the UK.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Are you under a minor, below age 21? Not emancipated?

If so, yes. Otherwise no, unless you are legally incompetent. 

• 1 month ago

How the H*ll do we know.  You didn't give any details!

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

There is no way to know.  If your grandmother was your mother's legal guardian when you were born there is a really good possibility that she is.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

No unless a court has declared her as one, no.  

• 1 month ago

Not unless you are incompetent and need a guardian- and a court order grants her guardianship

• 1 month ago

NO.          

• 1 month ago

No of course not, if you over 18 and have no mental impairment you and your mother  are in charge of themselves! if you had any problems your mother could be awarded guardianship, not your grandmother.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Unless there’s some special circumstance where you both signed power of attorney, or a judge ordered it, your grandmother has no legal authority over either of you. Once a person turns 18, they are legally responsible for themselves. I assume you’re a minor, which means your mom is your legal guardian by default. Unless she has signed over guardianship to your grandmother, your mom and dad are your only legal guardians. 

• Tavy
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

NO.................

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.