What are some of your controversial opinions relating to music?

Example: I think Hole's music is better than Nirvana's.

Tommy was a terrible, poorly made piece of art.

Lady Gaga is a phony calculated collection of cultural and musical appropriations.

Taylor Swift shouldn't get within 100 yards of being inducted into the Songwriter's Hall of Fame

• ?

I don't really bother worrying about whether or not the opinions I hold might be seen as being controversial. Music is art, and art is subjective. That being said, while there's no accounting for taste, talent and skill are certainly things that can be measured. Music is essentially all about what appeals to the listener, but it's definitely possible to weigh one artist or composition against another. It really depends on what one's own personal criteria happens to be. There's also a difference between an opinion being "controversial" and an opinion being "unpopular." The example you've given would almost certainly constitute an unpopular opinion, but I can't see how it might be construed as being controversial in any way. 

1) I think that if the beat of a song goes boom boom boom etc. then it's disco.

2) Rap and hip hop are the same thing.