Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 1 month ago

My girlfriend said I'm not Irish, even though I'm 1/3rd Irish, is it silly to not want to be with her anymore and ne very upset?

I am German, Scottish, Italian, and Irish.

I can well and she cannot tan.

She said Irish people are very pail and I dont look Irish. It really hurt my feelings and made me become angry because I love the Irish, and get along with Irish immigrants and Irush new yorkers.

Shes from "the south", and now I feel like shes an ignorant hick who is also a fat person.

Is she racist too because she said I'm mixed when I said I'm what is known as dark Irish. 

Should I forgive her? 

We live together for 5 years and I also dont like how she became a pot head.

I drink though so I cant judge right?

Am I too sensitive? I'm so angry still for 2 days it gave me chest pains and makes me hate this area because lots of people do not tan and think there superior, but will like blacks, which I don't.

*Tan

She said I look German and Italian, but not Irish.

It made me feel like I'm not good enough.

No I am not black or hispanic.

@Driven I said my Irish surname from my aunt, but she said "whatever you say".

I don't want a DNA test for conspiracy reasons, plus its expensive. 

maybe you shouldnt be with her if shes going to be like that

I don't know why your heritage is so important. If you were born in the United States, for example, then you're an American.

Your sister is doing it because she knows it bothers you.  Who cares what she thinks?  Yes, you're being way too sensitive.

If you did A DNA test and know part Irish well you are and remind her her opinion in this case doesn't matter to you and you took the DNA test you know who and what you are you'd like it she'd get on board show you manly respect