Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelUnited KingdomOther - United Kingdom · 1 month ago

Are British people so obsessed with american politics  ?

16 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

All people should take a keen interest in US politics as it affects us all. "When America sneezes the world gets a cold" is how the expression goes.  The American economy affects everyone and to think that your country can remain aloof to US politics is foolish.  Parochialism is stupid - leave it to stupid people who can think of nothing more than where their next beer is coming from.  The US is still a superpower and it is wise to stay in their good books.  As Shakespeare quipped in his play Antony and Cleopatra: "better to play with a lion's whelp than an old one dying."

• ?
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

Totally, more than any other country's politics

Source(s): British
  • 1 month ago

Not in the slightest. Less than 5 minutes on our news programes when something interesting happening such as the riots.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Good reason to be this time around, Trump’s stupid decisions screwed with almost every country‘s life or lifestyle.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

British are generally world-conscious and want to be up to date with what's happening in places other than their own. They could also be laughing at the mockery America makes of democracy too...

• F
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

No we’re just relieved your leaders are even worse than ours.

• 1 month ago

I don't know what you mean by "so obsessed". Most of us are not obsessed about American politics at all, and certainly not "so" obsessed, whatever you  mean by that.

We take an interest, of course. Why wouldn't we? The USA is the largest western democracy. What it does affects the rest of the world.

• Maxi
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

No............ like to anyone else in the world 'American politics' are a source of entertainment and 'having a laugh' at the  total mess they are

• 1 month ago

Obsessed, no.

Aware - more so than perhaps they would be normally (as Trump tends to make the news, not that it's a good thing)

• Tavy
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Not in the slightest. Less than 5 minutes on our news programes when something interesting happening such as the riots.

Rest of the time

NO

• 1 month ago

I read that the British had 39 Obsessions Last year all Not True

now we start 2021 With another so-called Obsession

so i will Call this No 1 Obsession for 2020

a tiny interest is NOT an Obsession

I am British and English and i only obsess about My Girlfriend

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.