Should asking someone to turn down their music be illegal?

Let me move in next door to you and play whatever I want as loud as I want to for as long as I want to.  You can't hear your music because my stereo is much better and much louder than yours.  

Should it now still be illegal to ask me to turn down my music.  

When the noise level is unreasonable, or the time of day is unreasonable for the noise to be heard by the neighbors, then there should be NOTHING wrong with asking someone to please turn it down.  If they won't agree, then a noise complaint with the police is also not unreasonable.  

I have only ever asked a neighbor to turn down music one time.  And I didn't even really ask them to "turn it down" - I just asked them to move their car.  I lived in a rental house and the neighbor's driveway was right beside my house.  The car was parked beside my window and the music was so loud it was vibrating the window in the house.  I was honestly concerned about the glass breaking.  (and I didn't want the landlord to blame me.)  I asked them to move the car so that it wasn't beside any of my windows.  I told them I didn't care how loud they played the music - just please not beside my window.  They understood and moved the car.

i dont think so, unless its in the middle of the night and then you can call the police about it