Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social SciencePsychology · 3 months ago

I pranked my team leader, I had my reasons but did I go overboard?

I work for a disability service and my team leader is a controlling and abusive narcissist. For instance, he raises his voices at other staffs if he thinks they’re being rude to him (On one handover, I told him that our clients are cleaned so it is now his turn to give him breakfast because his shift just started). He told staffs not to use company resources for their own leisure (He used the company computer to his own leisures). He commanded his staffs to do stuffs like make him a cup of coffee (He did this to show domination). He forced me to try on a nappy to demonstrate how to use it and I got ignored when asked about my dignity. I have never been so humiliated and from that point on, I have lost all respect for him.

I asked five out of six staffs whom all dislike the team leader if they’re keen to prank him and they all agreed. 

For Christmas, I prepared a cup with a slogan “Nobody Knows I’m Gay,” fake vouchers for free marijuana, and a magnifying glass. I put it in a box and wrap it up and printed his name on it then brought it to work four months in advanced.

He got really angry. What funny is that he took everything seriously. I know he is not gay. The magnifying glass was a joke. The fake vouchers were just me saying I know he smokes. He assumed that I have sexual feelings for him.

That only make it clearer that he is narcissistic. Did I cross the line? 

I dont think what I did was as bad as him forcing the nappy on me. There is no threat so it was a harmless prank.

He is 55.

He will yell at his staffs and say that he is the boss even though we all work for the same company so he aint our boss.

He figured out it was because he told me that Im a cheeky and sarcastic bastard.

I could’ve done worse but I stopped at the prank.

I just love knocking these kind of people off their pedestals, they think of themselves all the time & they are never wrong in their own eyes.  The things that get the best of them is to tell them they are WRONG.  Narcissistic behavior is a very selfish behavior.  I think you did good at knocking him off his pedestal.  Being passive aggressive really gets the best of them.  They have a sharp tongue that can lash out cruelly & mean & ugly.

I would talk to some of the other employees & start something to get him fired or removed from this position.  Complain about all the indignity he is imposing on all of you .  As a group go to his supervisor & complain. 

yes, i think you went overboard