Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social ScienceGender Studies · 1 month ago

Why are men always after women out of their league?

Then complain about women rejecting them or being feminists. 

Favorite Answer

Because there is no 'league' to men who are confident. You can always raise a womans' interest by being more charismatic than the next guy. Looks only mean so much to women. A lot of women don't even want to be with a guy who is more attractive than her for fear of him outshining her. Why do you think men are the most successful? We reach for what seems unattainable and risky to everyone else because we are ambitious.

i am over 80 there is No such thing as a woman out of My League just women who do not come up to scratch 

Because some men think they are better than they really are.  Fortunately they are a minority I hope.

Why aim for less rather than more,nothing to lose and everything to gain.

• Elana

Because ... every once in awhile, they succeed.

Enough where evolution pretty much mandates they continue to try.

I think these days, both genders, but particularly men, start out pretty single-minded on one person, and only when things don't work out or they are rejected by that person do they (we hope) move on.

The idea of men dating or trying to date multiple women at the same time and letting the relationships that actually seem to move forward sort themselves out seems antique or novel now.

Of course, if you happen to be one of those women, you might complain until you realize that women are more likely to do it than men, at least in the US.

That is, the guy falls hopelessly in love (he thinks), pursues, gets rejected, finds someone else, repeat.  The idea that you only date people who you start out hopelessly in love with (or you think are you are) is very romantic and ... incredibly unrealistic.

With men, we call dating around "being a playboy" and with women we call it either "being a ****" or "empowerment"  At any rate, women are far more likely to keep the fact that they are dating multiple people private.  Most men are less likely to do it.

I think it's a bad idea to assume the first person you date (or the next person you date) WILL be the one.  The statistics are against you.

You find out, you don't "just know".

But if your brain is saying "Society dictates I am supposed to only have one person so I need to pick the best", and surprise surprise, she happens to be the prettiest one, OF COURSE he's usually going to get rejected and OF COURSE (for the species to survive) he needs to pick himself up and try again.

By-and-large, women are more practical about sex and relationships and they actually expect men to provide the romance.  That is, they search for romance, they don't provide it.  Part and parcel with that romance, for most men, is continual heart breaking rejection.

And the beat goes on...

We're beginning, just beginning, to turn away from that model but it is now certainly the most common model.

No woman is that important that she can be out of anyone's league

I have never met a woman who did not have a Price

Since men have a more grounded inclination for genuinely appealing accomplices than ladies have, driving them to swing for the wall as it were.

Thrill of the chase, but I don't complain; I expect rejection

• garry

no women is out our league , you want one and if she wants you , leagues mean nothing ..guess you dont know about women do you ..lol

Men don't think.

• Bill

Well, most women are feminists in the west, so it's a pretty good complaint most of the time. lol