Do you think today with all the technology we have handwriting is getting worse?

With text messages, email, and direct messaging on social media we really have little reason to use pen and paper at all. This makes me wonder if people's handwriting is getting worse. 

I don't know if elementary school children are still being taught manuscript and cursive. I also wonder if it's an art they will even use period.

I am interested in other people's thoughts. Do you think we are losing the art of handwriting with all of today's technology?

Favorite Answer

It most definitely is getting worse, and most schools don't even teach handwriting any more. If you want your child to know how to use a pen and paper you pretty much have to teach them yourself.

Cursive is not taught in most schools nowadays and it is seen as irrelevant to modern life.

• Stan

I know mine has.  I found that when I put pen to paper I print, not write.