Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 1 month ago

Why did my coworker not respond to my most recent message assuming he saw my message?

I asked my coworker if he has fun plans for the weekend and turned out we’re going to the same venue and I asked when he’s going he didn’t respond?

Favorite Answer

Well, there you have it: ... "assuming he saw my message".

Maybe he didn't.

Maybe he saw it but was too busy to answer.

Maybe he doesn't particularly want to bump into you at the "venue" so he doesn't want to tell you when he'll be there.

Leave him alone. There is no law saying we have to text back if someone sends us a message.

• ?

maybe he didnt want you to ask him for a ride

Perhaps he keeps his professional and private lives separate.

• ?

Perhaps he's not interested in seeing you outside of work. Most people find it difficult to relax on a weekend if they know coworkers are there to report back to the office all the dumb, drunken things they did. 

• g

He's not interested in conversation, is my guess.

Asking random strangers to guess someone's motives is what's known as a fool's errand. 

Maybe the othe person is busy. Maybe they didn't see your question. Maybe it's none of your business.