Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsSkin Conditions · 2 months ago

Brown spot on finger should I be worried?

I have had this brown spot on my finger for over a year or two now that just came out on nowhere I was wondering if it’s nothing or could it be serious. I don’t have any more on my body just my finger 

• ?

Absolutely nothing to worry about and as has been said, if it had got bigger and took on a burnt look, then you would have to worry about skin cancer, but it is either a freckle and believe me, that can pop up anywhere on the body.

I have health anxiety and worry about things that pop up out of no where and always think of the worst case scenario and can feel my heart wanting to jump out of my body with panic, but I know enough about cancer etc, to use logic and therefore, know that if a mark like that, does not get bigger and spread and change colour, you are perfectly ok.

• Craig

If it were black, crusty, or irregular in shape - THEN you might have it looked at.  That looks (to the untrained, unqualified eye) like nothing.

If you have health insurance, you always have the option of showing it to a person who might really know what he's talking about.  My only qualification is a family that develops various sorts of cancer readily.

• martin

Not serious.  Over the years, you will have many types of spots appear on your skin.