Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureLanguages · 2 months ago

My parents are making me learn to drive can they do this?

Ok so I am 17 next week and my parents say as soon as lockdown is over I am learning is this fair?

It's MORE than fair! 

Next you'll "need" a car!! 

My mother tried very strongly to keep me from being able to leave her domain easily. 

At least your parents are realistic. 

Most people need a car to get to university, work, etc. 

You'll be all set up and ready to go. 

I'm curious whether you're male or female, and which country you reside in. 

In USA 🇺🇸 we have terrible public transportation in most places.  Some places, however, have no room to put daily commuter's cars. 

Green 666 by isotope rays is NOT forgivable; it leads to permanent hell. 666 is given with World Passport with no name on it (grey plastic card). Police 666 people on highways. Food stores and prisoners/insane asylum folks (released by the antichrist) 666 people too. Reject vaccines. Don't go into UFO to be healed by demons. Hide with Orthodox Christians to escape 666; leave all electronics behind so that antichrist's minions can't track you; burn documents as documents are from Satan.

Source(s): According to the Last Prophet (aka incarnated ARCHANGEL URIEL aka saint healer VYACHESLAV KRASHENINNIKOV) if the last descendant rejects mark of the beast, then his/her direct ancestors go to permanent heaven. To reject mark of the beast, one needs to hide within a 10-15 people group without electronics/documents. Documents are from Satan; burn them. Electronics can be used to track you and to show the antichrist (even on old broken unplugged TV set from 1970's using Tesla's ether); forgive me

They should make you learn Logic.  That question has NOTHING to do with "Languages."

You mean you don't want to learn? How can they make you learn.

No less fair, than the government making you go to school. Skills are needed in the world to survive. And I see it as helping you.

Source(s): Doesn't make sence.

You don't say where you are. If, like me, you live in the UK you're the minimum age for learning to drive. If you're in the USA I believe you could've started to learn to drive at 16.

I'm intrigued by your question. I can't recall an young person of your age not wanting to learn to drive. I work with young people so do encounter a lot of them. The frustrations they exhibit are parents who won't let them drive (not common) or when they've passed their test parents not allowing them to drive the family car (quite common).

If your parents are making you learn to drive I hope they're paying for it. If they're not then they can't force you to do it.

I would encourage you to learn to drive. You may not yet realise how useful it is to have a driving licence. You're at the age where you start to become very independent and you'll find having a driving licence very useful. Plus young people learn to drive more quickly than older people.

So go along, learn how to drive, then Fail the Practical Test.  Nothing too hard about that.

You learn for the future, and you fail to get the License. You win the skirmish.

By the Way:  Most socially adapted children demand their Drivers License (Freedom) at age 16.

It is the expense of Insurance that is the problem. Who Pays.

• Sandy

most kids your age already have their driving license. and if they don't they're trying to get one. your parents are helping you grow up. besides it's not hard. you should have learned how by now vicariously from watching them drive. 

• Craig

Well...they can't force you to learn something.  But if you live in a place like the United States (for example) and you aren't a devoted big-city-dweller, you really MUST be able to drive a car.  The suburbs and rural areas of the country simply REQUIRE you to use a motor vehicle to be able to carry out life's normal activities (like getting to a place where you can buy food, and to a place where you can earn money, etc.).

It's for your own good.  You don't have to use the skill later if you don't want to.  So give it your best shot.  Decide whether you'll drive or not AFTER you've got your license.

• ?

Fair?  Fair is where you eat a bunch of crap and get on rides then throw up.

They're most likely preparing you to enter the real world where you have to grow up, get a job, move out of the house and fend for yourself.

Teenagers haven't prepared themselves for adulthood.

Once you turn 18 they are no longer LEGALLY responsible for you, your education, feeding you or providing you with a room in their house.

How exactly are they going to MAKE you learn to drive?

Besides, if they're paying for it isn't that good? Learning to drive is pretty expensive.