Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 month ago

Why would coming out as gay be such a difficult thing to do if you live in a town where most people are religious? Why are they so hateful?

• Cowboy

The Biblical worldview promotes hate....which is why we need freedom FROM religion.

• I suggest that you stay in the closet until you’re able to support yourself financially. Maybe then you can move to a more liberal place, maybe New York, Paris, London, or whatever country you’re from. 

Christians have always been hateful. They view themselves as superior, it’s sick. 

What many people hate is you saying "You must not only not judge me you must APPROVE me" --- it is disgustin and hateful I don't think I could stand you either, gay or not

Maybe it’s because we view it as a vile perversion that we don’t want in our town. Go where filth is welcomed.

Fundamentalists tend to be nasty towards gays - violence, harassment, threats, insults, bullying.  They are so hateful because that is what they are taught from early childhood.