Is it true that changes of diabetes is more due to covid19?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago

I seriously doubt that.   Diabetes is a progressive disease sadly so even if you manage your diabetes (talking mainly about type 2) you may find your ability to control your disease becomes more difficult as the years pass.   I do.  Work with your diabetic team as much as possible.

People who are diabetic are more 'at risk' from Covid 19, than non diabetics however.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

No.  It is not true.

• Andy C
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

No idea what you are asking. 

English is a very difficult language to grasp, let alone master.  I suggest to you that you get a tutor or native speaker to help you post your question. 

• 1 month ago

False. Changes in diabetes and how a diabetic manages diabetes is due to aging and changes and improvements (and often fallacies, like vaccines causing diabetes or cinnamon being able to cure diabetes) in technology and and how insulin and other medications are made. 

There can be increasing insulin resistance as a diabetic gets older. I am not insulin resistant, but how insulin sensitive I am DOES vary over time, probably because my physical activity varies and my sensitivity to certain pollen has changed as I age. I didn't used to be allergic to cedar or pollen, but my mother w was. That is genetics. My mother had undiagnosed asthma because of all the dust she breathed in as teenager during the Dust Bowl in the Oklahoma panhandle.Metaformin destroys the liver and some lots of Metaformin have been recalled recently. 

Yes, it is true that some diabetic medications seem to help people who get covid 19. Non diabetics and maybe diabetics who get covid 19.

Covid 19 has been recognized for less than 2vyears. Yes, it might have been around for years, but Exactly when it jumped from bats to humans is recent. 

For diabetics who get covid 19, there may be long term complications that change or complicate how they manage their diabetes or possibly fatal side effects, like kidney or liver failure. 

Source(s): 65.5+ years life experience as an insulin sensitive type 1 diabetic and counting
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

that is too vague, you would have to specify exactly what changes you are thinking? Access to care? physiological changes? diagnostic changes? and what type of person etc etc etc

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.