Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkBeer, Wine & Spirits · 1 month ago

Why do I feel barely any anxiety the day after drinking?

I’m 20 years old I have social anxiety  and I’m wondering why after a night out drinking the next day I have a hangover but my anxiety significantly drops and I feel more relaxed and calm?

Favorite Answer

Typically a hangover includes being both tired and dehydrated.

Your body is focusing it's energy on healing so has less available to spend on anxiety.

For anyone with anxiety disorders of any sort I suggest starting with the basics, healthy food, extremely limited sugar from all sources and no caffiene or stimulants at all.  Plenty of sleep, moderate to more exersize and drink plenty of water.

Once you've got the above healthy baseline established, you can move on to more anxiety reducing stuff, but if you don't have that healthy baseline you are fighting against the current.

Sounds like a genuine mind trick and placebo effect zxjqd

. . . . . . . . . .

🔳🔳🔳🔳🔳🔳🔳🔳🔳🔳

Nothing, just the illusion of Alcohol. 

It's called "The Alcoholic's Bliss."  Unfortunately, it doesn't last and most alcoholics have miserable short lives.

• D50

It sounds like alcohol has long-lasting effects on you.

You're too busy coping with the hangover to think about being anxious!

It's like if you were troubled with toothache and accidentally shot your foot off with a shotgun - the toothache would disappear.

Your body still has alcohol in it and the processes that reduced you anxiety are still happening.

Alcohol suppresses function in certain areas of the brain. 

• Rick

you probably don't feel ANYTHING after a day of drinking .............

You're hydrated.

When you're finished drinking for the night you should brush your teeth and drink three glasses of water.