Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkBeer, Wine & Spirits · 1 month ago

Why do I feel barely any anxiety the day after drinking?

I’m 20 years old I have social anxiety  and I’m wondering why after a night out drinking the next day I have a hangover but my anxiety significantly drops and I feel more relaxed and calm?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

Typically a hangover includes being both tired and dehydrated.

Your body is focusing it's energy on healing so has less available to spend on anxiety.

For anyone with anxiety disorders of any sort I suggest starting with the basics, healthy food, extremely limited sugar from all sources and no caffiene or stimulants at all.  Plenty of sleep, moderate to more exersize and drink plenty of water.

Once you've got the above healthy baseline established, you can move on to more anxiety reducing stuff, but if you don't have that healthy baseline you are fighting against the current.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Sounds like a genuine mind trick and placebo effect zxjqd

. . . . . . . . . .

🔳🔳🔳🔳🔳🔳🔳🔳🔳🔳

• 1 month ago

Nothing, just the illusion of Alcohol. 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

It's called "The Alcoholic's Bliss."  Unfortunately, it doesn't last and most alcoholics have miserable short lives.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • D50
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

It sounds like alcohol has long-lasting effects on you.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

You're too busy coping with the hangover to think about being anxious!

It's like if you were troubled with toothache and accidentally shot your foot off with a shotgun - the toothache would disappear.

• 1 month ago

Your body still has alcohol in it and the processes that reduced you anxiety are still happening.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Alcohol suppresses function in certain areas of the brain. 

• Rick
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

you probably don't feel ANYTHING after a day of drinking .............

• 1 month ago

You're hydrated.

When you're finished drinking for the night you should brush your teeth and drink three glasses of water.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.