Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthOptical · 3 months ago

Do glasses make your eyes look smaller?

Ive worn glasses since 12 and never go without them. Well at 20 i finally went for contacts and everyone tells me my eyes are pretty and bigger when they never told me before. I dont see the difference but i also am use ro seeing myself with and without glasses

• ?
    Favorite Answer

It kind of depends on the lenses. If you're farsighted, more magnification is required in the lenses making your eyes appear bigger. If you're nearsighted, the less magnification is required making them appear smaller. The magnification can increase or decrease depending on how bad your eyes are. Plus, how often do other people really see you without your glasses on, right? I'm pretty sure I confidently say that most people in my life have never seen me without them so it would probably be weird for them if they did.

• Ivan

When near sighted people put on glasses, their eyes look smaller thru the lenses. Just the opposite for far sighted people. Their lenses magnify their eyes.