Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social ScienceEconomics · 2 months ago

How does the source of money affect how you spend it?

• Oiy

In economics, there are sources of income such as wages, dividend,rent and profit. The spending is all the same based on the consumption originated by Keynes. so, we spend in two ways, transaction and investment.

I don't normally buy a lot of stuff for myself because I have the basic things I need.  However, when I receive a gift card I try to use that money to indulge myself a little, because I think that was the purpose of the giver.

It doesn't unless the source placed strings attached, provided the money to be earmarked for specified expenditures, or their are legal requirements for you to spend money from that source on specific things (e.g., SSI checks from the US government and being required to spend the money first on food, clothing, and shelter and then only after those things have been paid for being able to spend any remainder on other expenditures).