Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 1 month ago

Criminal record certificate has my date of birth wrong, you think I could have accidentally given wrong details ?

I needed a paper copy for work and was sure I put in my date of birth however when I got it I see that its wrong. I can't ring up and ask as the place isn't open on a Sunday. I'm just curious say if I did put in the wrong date would I have received a certificate still? UK thanks   

Okay so just saying this if your curious. I called up the the DBS who said it was the company called Sterling that was responsible. I called up Sterling who said I put in the wrong details. I called up DBS again who said that the details I entered matched my driving licence. I called up Sterling that confirmed they checked my DOB on my driving license with the details I entered.was correct. I called up DBS that confirmed my DOB I entered matched my driving license.

I called up Samaritans and said I'm just gonna jump 

I don't 'think' you could have accidentally given the wrong details. I KNOW you COULD have done so. I also know it COULD be a clerical error.

Most importantly, I know that regardless of the cause, you need to have the issue corrected.

Note: The certificate indicates there is no criminal record on file for "Mr X born on date Y" It doesn't verify if "Mr X born on date Y" actually exists.

• D50

It probably doesn't matter at all. Your employer is not likely to notice and the government office that issue it to you probably doesn't care.

• Maxi

You either put the wrong date of birth or it is a genuine mistake