Tim asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 2 months ago

Things we can learn from homeless people?

15 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

Always be thankful to the almighty!

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

that could be me.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

This is very serious and one day if you dont think right this could be YOU!!  Trust me I know!!

• Carmen
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

To count your blessings and stay humble because unforeseen occurrences can befall us all. 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Pearl
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

how they manage to survive living outside like that

• 2 months ago

I know a lot of homeless because i've worked in a food pantry/homeless service non-profit off and on for years.  We can learn that anyone can be a successful, seemingly ordinary person and suddenly develop a dire mental illness and lose everything, be rejected by their family, find themselves without money and a place to live.  We can learn that most homeless are mentally ill and are rejected by society as well as their family. We can learn the a vast majority of homeless people are homeless because of extenuating circumstances and no support system in their lives.  

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

If we take the time and effort to actually speak with some of them we learn a lot.  One young man I stopped to speak to confused me because he was dressed so well and always seemed clean.  I asked him why he was sleeping in shop doorways and begging.   His answer shocked me.  "I can earn more doing this than I can by doing a full-time job" he said.  I asked him a little about his background and he said he could go back and live with his parents any time he chose to do so but 'only on their terms' and their terms were that he gave up begging and looked for work.  He wasn't prepared to do that.  He had no sympathy from me after that conversation.  Some who appear to be homeless are not strictly homeless.

• 2 months ago

Don't pack more than you can carry. 

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

The low value that we really place on the environment.

• 2 months ago

I learned about drugs from them and why not to do it, some of them were intelligent but stuck in a vicious circle.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.