Anonymous

Why do many White Latinos join the far-right?

Bottom line everybody like to join some group, gives a feeling of belonging. Do not matter if group is left or right....look at the religious cults were people just killed them selves. They wanted to belong

Because the "far right" doesn't have anything to do with race or ethnicity. They don't like communism that Democrats are pushing for.

Because the far left betrayed them.

If you consider Cubans Latinos, the majority.  

• Craig

It might be that their culture has an affinity for strong men, clannishness, a black & white view of issues, absolutism, and ego-centrism on both a personal and policy level.  That would incline them toward what European-Americans refer to as "the right".  

If so, as their culture expands in the USA, that would have a negative impact on multiculturalism, pluralism, tolerance (including religious tolerance), and on the process of compromise that the republic depends upon.

In today's America, paying and having police officers is considered far right idea.  I guess they just like law and order. 

I do not understand people who join groups that hate them......its the strangest thing.....  I am flabbergasted when I see a hispanic or black person in a mob of violent raging foaming at the mouth racists....lol

racial insecurity 

my gram says its cus some think it makes them more accepted and american lol... she still calls them bad words for hispanics