Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 1 month ago

Watched my boss verbally abuse his wife?

If your boss shows up to work late after going to the gym and then starts screaming at his wife in the parking lot of your job that “she didn’t do what he asked” while wearing a sweater and gym shorts pouring sweat in front of you and the customers you are working with, and then complains to you half an hour later about your lack of focus at work would you consider this man unstable? He is constantly yelling at her and it makes me uncomfortable. He also has told me that the people where I am from are stupid. It would be funny if it wasn’t so awful, honestly. 

• T J

Look for a new job.

• dman63

His relationship with his wife isn’t your concern.  When he yells at her within earshot of customers it is, and they’re bound to think of him as kind of a jerk.  It’s rude, unprofessional and doesn’t make for a healthy atmosphere at work.  Making assumptions about people based on where they’re from is a jerk move as well.  I’d start looking for another job.

• a

My boss's relationship to his or her spouse is none of my business.

Showing up late is my business, so is making a scene in front of his/our customers, and lack of courtesy and equanimity in dealing with issues on the job. Does the wife work there? Why is she around to "constantly" yell at? 

Yelling at *anyone* constantly is unprofessional. Having an inept employee and not firing him/her is unprofessional, too. Insisting on employing your family, no matter how ill-suited they may be: ditto.

• i + i

"...would you consider this man unstable? ..." -- 

To some degree, yes. Now that you have the 

confirmation of this, how does it help you?

His wife should honestly stick up for herself and divorce him, poor woman and he sounds incredibly disrespectful and has no respect for anyone, how is he even a "boss" honestly he sounds so awful to have as a boss, if I were you I'd quit my job.

Sounds like he's a real jerk. Maybe leave some anger management pamphlets on his desk. 

Find a better job. Next week. How your boss conducts himself says nearly EVERYTHING about how you'll be treated on the job. He's lousy. You're treated lousy. Now you know! I doubt he pays you more than anyone else would.. but he'll expect you to just "take it" however he dishes it out. Get out of there.