Does company have to pay for you’re wife pregnancy once she has the kid?

I’ve been with this company for almost 2 years now but have debating to leave. Since my wife is pregnant and almost due any day now. Will the company cover the cost if I quit before she is due? Or should I wait after??

Any advice would help

Please and thank you

• edward

That only applies if she is the one working for the company and where i live if she doesn’t come back she has to give the maternity leave money back.  They only pay under the impression you’re coming back

Your medical insurance STOPS on the day you leave the company.  So - no - the rest of her medical care would NOT be covered.

To continue coverage,  you would need to pay for "cobra" coverage which allows you to keep the insurance for a few months longer as long as YOU are paying the FULL cost of the insurance premium.  This can be VERY expensive depending on the policy.  You would need to find out if you qualify for cobra coverage and you would need to find out the cost of that coverage.

No, your insurance ends if you quit. Wait until she has the baby. Why would they cover the cost for someone who is not an employee any more? 

Jose the best thing you can do is talk to your company's hr person and ask them about the questions you have and good luck,